/r/RABM/

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wasi'chu - S/T (2015)

Wasi'chu "Wasi'chu"

Year: 2015
Genre: Hardcore punk, Crust
Country: Canada

Track List:
  1. Embers
  2. 1789
  3. Reclaim
  4. Exodium
  5. Liberté, égalité, fraternité
  6. Static
  7. Moths

It's been awhile since I've posted and I apologize. I have been extremely busy with school, recording bands, and trying to get some shit in my life together. I will be posting a bunch of music momentarily so stay tuned.

Wasi-chu is a band from my homecity of Windsor, Ontario where I'm proud to say that it has one of the best music scenes in all of Canada. Wasi-chu is the collaborative effort of a variety of musicians I've played alongside but is mostly fronted and composed by Judah Zakoor and Mattu Findlater of the similar and now defunct project Valerie Page. Also in the band are Sean Fox of a variety of groups (Namely the crust band Uncle Ray) and Matt Menard, a skater dude of ten thousand more bands (My favourite always being Get Bent.) now living in Montreal. I also record music with Mattu under our project with the joke name of Narcthrone. We take ourselves seriously though... I swear...

As with these projects and most of the projects that they get into, they're explicitly left-wing/anarchist/anti-capitalist in nature and feature a chunk of samples from various political media. The music is heavy, tight, and melodically sound.

bandcamp

No comments :

Post a Comment